How to adjust a Hekman Office Chair.
Hekman Office chairs offer various levels of seat height adjustments and seat back reclining or tip positions.
To adjust the seat back reclining or tip position:
- The chair ships in the maximum reclined, full-tip position
- The recline position knob is located under the seat on the right hand side as you are seated in the chair
- The best way to adjust the recline position knob MAY BE to turn the chair upside down to easily reach the knob
- NOTE: It will take about 12 to 14 full revolutions to reach the minimum reclined, least-tilt position
- HINT: By placing a small piece of tape on one edge of the knob you can better count the number of full revolutions you are turning the knob
- There is a lever on the left side of the chair (when seated in the chair) that must be pulled out to allow the chair to tip
- To decrease the amount of tip, turn the knob 7 or 8 full revolutions then sit in the chair and test the amount of recline or tip
- Make adjustments clockwise for less tip and counter clockwise for more tip
- Push in the lever (from step #1) to lock the chair from tipping
How to adjust the seat height:
- There is a lever on the right side of the chair (when seated in the chair) that must be pulled up to lower or raise the seat